Confused about what to do next with your Covid-19 mitigation plan?
With so much information (and misinformation) circulating about the most effective COVID-19 mitigation measures, many businesses are scrambling to assess their options and implement the most effective plans in line with their customized needs and limited budgets. Our extensive research on the subject concludes that the “best” solution is different for every type of facility and includes a carefully balanced combination of operational strategies, technology solutions, and communication tools.
Answering the questions below is the first step to developing an effective plan for your unique set of circumstances:
- How do customers, employees, and vendors enter, exit, and circulate through your facility?
- Where do circulation patterns cross, and what can be done to mitigate this risk?
- What are the most effective measures to help maintain appropriate distance and minimize transmission?
- Where do people tend to gather in groups, and how can that function be safely accommodated?
- What kind of work areas are most safe for employees?
- Can I modify my mechanical systems to reduce the potential for exposure to viral contaminants?
- Is Ultraviolet (UV) technology effective, and can it work in my facility?
- What is the most effective technology for screening visitors and easy to implement?
- Are my maintenance procedures helping or hurting?
- What kind of new technologies may be effective and how can I start to plan for them now?
- Who needs to know?
- How will I communicate with them?
- Will signage be beneficial?
We find that customers who take the time to focus on these three key areas benefit from time savings up-front during planning and cost savings down the line in implementation. Every business wants to implement the measures that have the greatest impact on safety while balancing the long-term needs and costs associated with each measure.
At Darden, our experts are here to help. If you’d like us to help sort through the clutter of information, and determine the most cost-efficient and effective response for your facility, connect with our Covid Mitigation Specialist, Andrew Morgenthal at email@example.com.